My name is Segun Aiyegbusi, (pronounced, "Sheh-goon" "Ai-Yay-Boo-See"), but my close friends call me "Shegz".
No one and no thing gives me more joy and meaning than my relationship with Jesus Christ.
Meeting my beautiful wife, Modupe comes in at a close second. We met in Nigeria and I quickly discovered she had a heart of gold. After the obligatory, “I’m-hot. You’re-hot. We-both-love-Jesus. Let’s-date." conversation, I asked her to marry me. She said yes. We partied at our wedding like it’s your birthday. Moved to New Jersey and made two bubbly awesome dudes, Nathaniel & Ethan, and one gorgeous beauty, Rachel. Nathaniel loves hugs, Ethan loves to wrestle, and Rachel apparently wants to be a gymnast (even at 7 months).
- I was Born in Washington D.C. to awesome Nigerian parents.
- Raised in Lagos, Nigeria, then back in the United States, later in Nigeria again ...then back to ... (basically, I'm a Third Culture Kid)
- I went to boarding school (junior and senior high) in Loyola College, Ibadan (Nigeria)
- I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management from William Paterson University, New Jersey, and a Masters of Divinity from Nyack Alliance Theological Seminary, New York.
- I’m presently an associate pastor at Grace Church on the Mount, Netcong, NJ
- I love reading, storytelling, writing, graphic design, and videography
- Jesus first. Steak second. (I am, however, partial to my wife's life-changing Egusi Stew and Curry Chicken!)
- Here are the top 10 books that rocked my world!
ABOUT MY BLOG:
An amazing Bible teacher once said, “The only person who dares wake up a king at 3:00 AM for a glass of water is a child. We have that kind of access [to God].”
That All Access Pass to God the Father is the central narrative of this blog.
Such intimacy indicates that God not only loves those who turn to Him, but He actually likes us with what can only be described as "the eternal warm fuzzies." The fact is, Jesus Christ took our place on the cross and inherited all our junk. In fancy theological terms, it means Jesus stepped in as a substitute and absorbed (on our behalf) the cosmic smackdown God would have laid on us because of sin. Hence, when we trust in Jesus Christ, the Bible reassures us that “NOTHING can ever separate us from God’s love.”
I’m taking God at His word.
I’m also making it my one holy passion and blog-mission to remind you weekly and Biblically of God’s great like for you!