1. This very welcoming wall that immediately lets you know you are no longer in your father's house.
2. The jarring realization at the beginning of each semester that this was going to be your home for the next 6 months!
3. How Senior boys see you when you first return from holiday break.
4. That reassuring feeling you immediately get when you finally see your friends!
5. When you and your friends show up for the first Saturday social night and there's still LIGHT.
6. The look on your Face after social night when Senior Menor and Senior Omokaro start screaming, “JSS.3 BOYS, ASSEMBLE IN ROOM 7, NOW!!!”
7. The feeling you get the next day when Sunday morning bread and fried eggs are served!
8. When someone begs you for “small” of your akara burger during lunch break.
9. The first thing you go out and buy when your parents come for a visit and load you with some extra cash.
10. The feeling you get when they served Saturday afternoon Eba and Vegetable (again).
11. When the Housemaster, Mr. Ige starts blowing grammar and telling stories of uprooting a palm tree with his bare hands
12. When Mummy Kitchen is pleased with you and invites you into the kitchen for some extra food.
13. The most precious item in the last few weeks of school.
14. The first time you successfully scaled the fence to go watch a football game at another school
15. When you hear water is “rushing” at the borehole
16. When St. Teresa's Girls come to visit.
17. When you get assigned to “Estate” for Saturday morning housework!
18. That one time when Mr. Ige asked JSS.1 boys to go and wash the school bus
19. When your parents finally come to visit.
20. The only identification you will ever need in life!
Husband. Dad. Pastor. Nigerian American. Storyteller. Aspiring Prayer Warrior. Steak Lover. Follower of Jesus Christ reminding you that God the Father still loves you.